REDDAM HOUSE BERKSHIRE UNITED KINGDOM
Address: Bearwood Rd, Sindlesham, Wokingham RG41 5BG, UK
Phone number: +44 118 974 8300
Reddam House Berkshire is part of Inspired Education Holdings Limited (“Inspired Education Group”), which is a company registered in England with number 09268120 and registered address in Sixth Floor, 3 Burlington Gardens, London, W1S 3EP, United Kingdom. Inspired operates numerous affiliated schools globally via its regional offices in Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia-Pacific and Latin America.
This policy is drafted in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK General Data Protection Regulation (“UK GDPR”).
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email at the address firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries regarding the processing of your personal data.
2. TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS
We process personal data from our students and their families and / or legal representatives and also from our employees, candidates, suppliers, contractors, prospective customers and third parties interested in finding out more about Reddam House Berkshire within the systems controlled by the School as the Controller.
The personal data processed is mainly the following:
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and other contact details;
- Family details;
- Nationality, location and language;
- Safeguarding information (such as court orders and professional involvement);
- Education and employment data;
- Images, audio and video recordings, including CCTV footage (video images);
- Financial information;
- Educational centres previously attended.
Other types of data we may collect and process, according to the school purposes, are related to health condition, criminal records and other sensitive information related to an individual, such as:
- Information about health status or provision of special health care linked to a specific individual;
- Behavioural information;
- Special educational needs;
- Criminal records linked to a specific individual;
- Biometric information;
- Religion or ideology;
3. HOW WE COLLECT AND PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
Reddam House Berkshire collects information in several ways, including:
- Personally and over the phone;
- Through our website’s online forms;
- When visiting our website, including information collected by our cookies;
- From email and hand delivery paper documentation including job applications, invoices, letters, consent forms, etc;
- Through online tools: such as apps, educational platforms and other software used by the School;
- Through any CCTV cameras located at our premises or sites;
- Through third parties, such as legal representatives, professionals or authorities that may be working with the School or the individuals providing a service.
4. PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
Reddam House Berkshire processes personal data to lawfully and legitimately carry out the school’s educational activity. The School collects and processes personal data to lawfully and legitimately carry out the School's educational activity in the framework of individuals’ consent, but also based on a legal and contractual obligation, individuals’ vital interest when necessary and legitimate interest. The School collects and processes information for the following purposes:
- Attend the enquiries properly
- Ensure that the student meets the school’s admission criteria;
- Provide educational services including the support of pupil learning, monitor and report on pupil progress;
- Manage our Summer Camps’ activities;
- Provide to the students welfare and pastoral care services;
- Provide to the students medical and nurse attention, catering service and school transportation, among other necessary services;
- Meet the educational, social, physical and emotional requirements of the student;
- Enable parents or legal guardians to be contacted in the case of emergency or in the case of school closure, or to be informed of their child’s educational progress or about school events, etc.;
- Celebrate School’s achievements and to keep a memory of our students, Fulham School may take and use photographs and audiovisual recordings to be shared in our websites, social networks and our yearbooks, always based on informed consent from parents or students of legal age. With your consent, these images can also be shared with Inspired Education Group and used in its global social media.
- Send commercial communications if previously requested and / or authorised by the individuals. These communications may include newsletters and advertisements sent by e-mail, social networks or any other electronic or physical means, present or future, which enable such communications. The individuals will be able to unsubscribe by clicking in the "unsubscribe" or sending a request to our Data Protection Officer;
- Comply with legal and administrative requirements;
If you want to send us your CV through the section “Careers”, you will have to create an account to make use of the employment platform and to send us your employment application. Your information will be shared with Inspired Education Group as the owner of the platform Global Careers Site in the terms exposed at: https://careers.inspirededu.com/data-privacy-statement and incorporated in the files owned by Reddam House Berkshire. Our Human Resources department will process your data with the purpose to include your candidacy in our selection processes. case, personal data will be processed with the same legitimate purposes mentioned herein.
5. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
As a School, we may be lawfully required to share personal information with relevant authorities or third parties, such as providers of services for our students, parents and / or employees, as permitted on statutory grounds, in addition to comply with legal obligations, to exercise a School’s legitimate purpose or on the basis of a specific consent given by the individual concerned.
We will ensure that, where relevant, contractual safeguards are implemented to ensure the protection of individuals’ personal data when disclosing them to a third party, always under restrictions on the use of personal data and obligations with respect to the protection of confidentiality and privacy as well as the security of the information.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF DATA
Reddam House Berkshire does not make any international transfer of data. In case it is needed to comply with the purposes previously exposed, the parties to whom we may disclose personal data may be located in countries that offer the same level of data protection requirements.
Your personal data shall be neither rented nor sold to third parties under any concept.
7. CONSERVATION OF DATA
Your personal information will only be retained for the period of time required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected unless a longer time is permitted for reasons of public interest archiving, scientific or historical research, or statistical purposes. Once your personal information is no longer required or permitted to be retained for legal or business purposes, it will be destroyed or made anonymous under the corresponding security measures.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK GDPR, you have rights regarding the processing of your personal data. These rights are, however, subject to certain exemptions and limitations.
You have the right to:
- Be informed, at the time when personal data is collected, about the data processing.
- Access the information we process and how we process it as well as to obtain a copy of the personal data considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Ask for the erasure of the personal data we hold about you without undue delay considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Obtain the rectification of your personal data providing a supplementary statement;
- Obtain restriction of processing of your personal data when it is inaccurate, illegal, unnecessary or not verified, considering the legal limitations and exceptions;
- Obtain data portability of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. This allows the right to transmit that data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data has been provided;
- Object to processing for direct marketing purposes;
- Withdraw consent at any time and freely to the processing of your personal data. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Therefore, individuals will be able to exercise their rights by sending a written specific request, along with a copy of their ID card, to the Data Protection Officer’s email address email@example.com.
As previously indicated, you have the right to withdraw your consent for any specific purpose at any time without prejudice of the legality of processing according to the consent given before withdrawal.
Reddam House Berkshire will not collect and process data from minors (children under 13 years of age). Parental or legal tutor’s consent to act on their behalf will be always required.
11. SUMMER CAMP ACTIVITIES
Reddam House Berkshire will use the information from interested parties as well as from parents and students in order to provide the activities and to keep the informed of the events which will take place in our School throughout the year. The data will be processed under the conditions exposed in this policy.
12. STORING AND SECURING INFORMATION
The School shall use the appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and privacy of the personal data, preventing from unauthorised access or unlawful processing as well as accidental loss, destruction or damage of the files.
13. COMMON USE WITH SOCIAL NETWORKS AND PLATFORMS
This website contains links to parent’s portal and other useful links in addition to social networks like Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, LinkdInd and Facebook. Our School is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites. You should be aware that the processing of your personal information is carried out by those sites and governed by their respective privacy policies.
If you do not want these sites to collect and process your information, please review their corresponding privacy policies and / or disconnect from it before using our Services.
14. COOKIES USED IN OUR WEBSITE
The Web server is allowed to remember some data concerning the user, such as his preferences for visiting the pages of this server, name and password, products that are more interesting, etc.
The Cookies that we use in our website and that require informed consent by the user are the functional cookies and the targeting cookies. Consent is not required for essential or required cookies, which are those of a technical nature necessary for the operation of the website or the provision of services expressly requested by the user.
You can get more information about the cookies we used by visiting our website cookies policy.
To understand more about the cookies we use and the way you can disable them, you can visit our policy at: https://www.reddamhouse.org.uk/cookies-policy.
If you consider we didn’t attend to your request correctly or you believe we are processing your personal data disregarding the data protection regulations in force, please contact our Data Protection Officer at:: firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also address your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ or calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
16. EU REPRESENTATIVE
We have appointed IT Governance Europe Limited to act as our EU representative. If you wish to exercise your rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR), or have any queries in relation to your rights or general privacy matters, please email our Representative at email@example.com. Please ensure to include our company name (Reddam House Berkshire School) in any correspondence you send to our Representative.
17. PRIVACY NOTICE UPDATES
Reddam House Berkshire may need to update this privacy notice periodically, so we recommend that you review this information from time to time.
This version was last updated in May 2023